Therapy can provide support as you move through challenges and work to strengthen aspects of your life and relationships. This safe and confidential setting allows you to express yourself freely, with someone who is actively listening without judgment, and genuinely interested in understanding your experiences.
Therapy can help you to:
- Develop tools and skills to cope with current and future challenges
- Uncover and tap into strengths that support resilience and foster more positive experiences
- Process thoughts and feelings with someone different than a friend or family member, who is able listen without judgment or a personal agenda
- Build confidence and boost self-esteem
- Improve relationships with your partner, friends, family and/or co-workers
- Break destructive patterns and learn new ways to respond in triggering situations
- Increase awareness about your values, priorities, and hopes, so that you can be living the life you want
- Understand the past as it is affecting you and your relationships in the present
- Communicate more effectively with others
I want to acknowledge that it can often be hard to make the decision to come to therapy. The fact you’re reading this shows that you’ve already taken a step toward growth and change. If you have any questions, or are unsure whether therapy is right for you at this time, please don’t hesitate to get in touch, and we can discuss more about your specific situation.
When we talk, I’m happy to answer any questions you have, talk through the therapy process with you, and briefly discuss the challenges you’re facing. I can also explain more about my approach, and how we might work together to address your specific needs.
If you’d like to meet, we’ll try to find the best time that works with your schedule, and set a date and time for our first session. I’ll get your email address, and will send you more details about the office, parking, etc., as well as an intake form for you to review and fill out. Additionally, I’m available to answer any other questions or concerns that arise before we meet.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out, as I sincerely look forward to hearing from you.
The first session is a full-length 50 minute session, and is an opportunity for us to get to know one another better, discuss more in depth what brought you to therapy, and begin identifying hopes and goals for our work together. To support this process, I’ll ask you some questions, and listen without judgment to begin understanding your experience. Additionally, I encourage you to ask questions, and bring up any parts of your history you feel might be helpful to share.
My aim is for this to be a safe, supportive, and collaborative space, and for this initial session to be your first step toward living life with more intention.
Navigating the insurance system can often be complicated. I encourage you to call your insurance company to clarify what the mental health benefits are for your specific plan. Some questions you might ask are what the reimbursement amount is, how many sessions are covered, how much the deductible is, and whether or not the deductible has been met. I am not contracted with any particular insurance company, so as an out-of-network provider I can generate a monthly superbill for you to submit to your insurance for reimbursement consideration.
If you have any more questions about insurance, or would like to discuss in more detail, feel free to reach out and I’ll be happy to assist you in any way I can.